Sunday, December 1, 2013

Educating Youth About Drugs: To Save A Life

There are designer drugs where the creators are not chemists, rather radical business people targeting teenagers to buy their products. They are available for legal purchase in America, yet banned in many other countries. It may say 'Not for human consumption' and 'Creates psychosis if ingested' on the packaging, however children and teens who are uneducated do not mind because they are lacking maturity, care and wisdom.

Speaking from my own experience-as always-knowledge is imperative and so is forthright discussion with children at a young age about drugs!

I will never forget the reason I never tried hard drugs. Ever. I was six or seven years old when I saw a loved one coming off cocaine and it scared me into a pure panic. I was quickly informed by that person as to why I should never do drugs and, if I did, what could happen. That introductory lesson has since been imprinted in my memory.

Had this person not shared their experience with me, I may have tried powders or pills. The curiosity didn't even exist after the imprinted exposure and lesson! Never again did I see them battle with this drug. Therefore, I believe that educating our youth by being candid and graphic may save their lives...or at the very least, set up a tall mind-hurdle which forces them to think.

Just an idea, though we may first have to hold either the physical experience of use or educate ourselves to press the information forward. Then we have to be bold and courageous enough to have the conversation and be open for the probable raw questions. Schooling our youth is not in the same category as scolding them. They will thank us for the care and guidance later on. I know I did!

Did anyone you loved, admired and respected thoroughly educate you on drugs and alcohol when you were a child?

Video Blogs ~ More Yet To Come
Can't Keep A Sober Girl Down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1t9m2R8cJk

Testimonial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbU4Nxk2GIE

Can't Keep A Codependent Girl Down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xrR55OpssI

Always enjoy hearing your thoughts and stories. Just click on the ButterFlySober link below to view my profile and/or send a personal email.
Thanks and have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment