Sunday, December 15, 2013

Dreams Do Come True!

I've realized over the years that if I want my dreams to come true I have to first believe that they can! Then, I had to wake up and live consciously and whole-heartedly in order to create the pathway to them. On the old path I traveled, I consistently got lost and off track in unconscious, ego-driven, spiritually deadened living. 
 
A recovered life is not a boring life. I have had dreams fall down and all around like glimmering Minnesota snowflakes! I share this in hopes that you all reading may also believe that you can create a wonderful life for yourself in recovery!
 
Some of the dreams that have come true for me once I committed to putting my recovery first, in all that I do:
 
-Clarity and soundness of mind
-Beautiful, honest relationships with people
-Trust from the ones closest to me
-Faith in God and ability to see miracles happen all around
-Worked as a literary agent in Hollywood and, thanks to Caren Bohrman, assisted in the production of brilliantly written screenplays for television and film
-Been mentored by actors, comedians, politicians, pastors, CEOs, writers, agents, people with great lengths of sobriety-you name it!
-Creation and successes in several companies
-Was featured in Signature L.A. Magazines' article for mentorship & entrepreneurship for L.A.'s Inner Beauty: Top 40 Under 40 in November 2009
-Have assisted in helping others get their lives back on track
-Went through a divorce, amicably (We signed the divorce paperwork and went to dinner right after! Love and kindness in all choices is a dream come true-for me.)
-Was part of an amazing production of Dracula! and publically featured for playing 3 roles in the newspaper article about the show (When I was drinking, I hardly ever even auditioned, let alone landed a part!)
-Have seen wondrous parts of the world
-Kayaked next to dolphins in the Atlantic Ocean
-Spoken with a jovial spirit in front of hundreds of people
-Realized that I enjoy my own company, found an honest love for myself, others and life and awakened to the understanding that I am never alone
-Written a book and created 3 inspirational blogs to inspire others to live their best lives (The wonderful gifts inside of this dream coming true have been beyond my own understanding. What a blessing it is to just simply give.)
 
Recovery is a gift. It was also the dream I never could have created on my own. Dreams do come true, even when we least expect them to!
 
How about for you? Do you believe that dreams do come true? What dreams have come true for you in your own life?

Video Blogs ~ More Yet To Come
Can't Keep A Sober Girl Down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1t9m2R8cJk

Testimonial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbU4Nxk2GIE

Can't Keep A Codependent Girl Down
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xrR55OpssI

Always enjoy hearing your thoughts and stories. Just click on the ButterFlySober link below to view my profile and/or send a personal email.
Thanks and have a fabulous day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment