Sunday, October 27, 2013

Life Is Delicious!

From the wisdom of others in recovery, I now understand that I see people, places, things and the world all through the lenses the following:

1) Attitude
2) Ideas
3) Up-bringing (conditioning)
4) Faith

So, if I'm not seeing life as delicious and I am taking my time here for granted...what can be changed?

Charging Up Tools for Life Usage
1) Change attitude by infusing gratitude. When l recognize I am feeling a wee bit down, I say to myself, "Okay, 3 things you're grateful for...GO!"
2) Evaluate ideas by asking, "Will these help or hinder myself and others?". Make and implement new ones, gradually.
3) Unlearn some of past up-bringing by honestly looking at the parts that do not fit in with how I want my life to look. Breaking unhealthy family patterns is sometimes very difficult, though necessary.
4) Faith can be strengthened through listening about spiritual awakenings, sitting in meditation, studying, expecting miracles (pick a couple small ones) or by experience (usually through desperation).

Taking my own inventory helps change everything.

I've heard it been said again and again, "Why not go out on a limb? That's where the fruit is." And fruit is freakin' delicious, as is life!

No comments:

Post a Comment