Monday, October 7, 2013

Believe In You & Fake It If You Have To!

Courage. Fear. Either way, when it comes to empowering myself on a daily basis to do great work and live boldly, one always wins. I do believe they sit next to one another at any given moment and it’s up to me to let courage win, or allow fear to sink me once again.

If I choose to do what I used to choose to do like:
Take a drink
Have a toke
Lie
Cheat
Steal
Manipulate
Control
Force
Plot
Scream
Hurt Others
Selfishly Strive Through Life
Am I living greatly? Am I being courageous? Am I going to be happy with the person I am and have become? My experience has been no.

My first sponsor told me, “Fake it until you make it!”. I faked a lot because I believed that faking it could help me make it. After all, she hadn’t steered me wrong and I wanted what she seemed to have. That happiness, fearlessness, business sense, and years of sobriety!

I Faked the faith in a higher power-miraculously, I now truly have faith!
I Faked that I completed the 9th step all the way through –and I had half the pain lifted.
I Faked that I knew what was talking about in regards to alcoholism-and now, years later, I do.
I Faked that I could start my own companies and know what to do-I did and was successful.
I Faked that I, too, could live boldly without drinking-and now, I am!

The initial ‘faking it’ forces me into the ring. Courage keeps me fighting.

If and when I can’t seem to believe in myself, or to lift my spirits, I fake a simple smile…and within minutes, I’m feeling the vibration of joy. Try on a fake smile for a even 30 seconds. It’s impossible to not feel different and better after that! Did you try? For me, faking it works from time to time!

What does believing in yourself look like? If you believed in yourself right now, what would you be doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment