Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Breakdowns = Breakthroughs!

When I lived in Southern California, my good friend Pam introduced me to an education platform similar to Stage ll Recovery that changed my life forever!

At first, the skeptic in me was like, "I don't need this kind of education. They just want my money." Though at the introduction something hit me in the face and slapped me awake! On this blog I will be sharing a lot of what I learned within that year in the rooms of Landmark Education.

Today, I'd like to talk about Breakdowns and how I get excited for them. I know, right? Excited? Yes, yes I do. See, everytime I have a breakdown in my life with myself, another person, job, money...whatever it may be...and then the dust settles, there is always a clearing which helps to create a BREAKTHROUGH!

Think about it. When was the last time you went through something traumatic? You obviously survived, thank God, which means you have purpose. What did you learn about yourself, your family, your friends, your situation? Did you have a shift in how you were so sure everything was, but now think differently because of what you went through? Well that IS a BREAKTHROUGH!

So, basically, everytime I have a breakdown...I get emotion-filled (sometimes downright terrified!), check in with God...then a little serenity happens when I ask for guidance and remember what I've learned of breakdowns. Making a choice to respond and react from a loving place, I finally hold on tight and enjoy the ride to learn so I can experience the glitter of the breakthrough. I'm here still. Life isn't always smooth as chocolate, but I can look at things and say, "Ahh...this could potentially turn into a miracle too. If not for me, then maybe for someone else."

Happy Breakthroughs To You!

No comments:

Post a Comment