Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Opinions And Ideas That Have Shaped My Life



My opinions and ideas of how I see the world have shaped my life.

One belief that I stand firm in (seen proof of this time and time again) is this:
*We are all just in different stages on the same journey*

The moment I try to push or reprimand anyone who is not a child, I had better stand back because here comes the retaliation. Intuitively I know this. I have tried this over and over, it does not work. I’ve learned over and over and have finally surrendered to the concept of how simple it is to Let The River Flow. Progress is key, not perfection-not for me.

Another One That I Have Is:
I don’t first think of people imputing ill motives. I give them the benefit of the doubt- even if many others have ‘warned’ me.
Even if I end up hurt. So what? I’ve been hurt probably a thousand times over, still kickin’, learnin’ and growin’ on the inside. The fact is, I am a grown woman and can make decisions based on what I see, what I’ve witnessed of that person, how they have shown up in my life- not merely and loosely what I hear from others. Especially gossip. Gossip is not grounded in anything real. Just flighty opinions airing around, catching heavier drama.

Another One:
Always apologize for hurtful words or actions.
This creates a clearing like nothing else. The result is always good.

Another One:
Willingness to forgive and then with time, real honest forgiveness.
It is the biggest form of love that I have ever experienced of myself and others. Absolutely beautiful! When my mind says, "Hold a grudge, don't let this go."...I let it go anyway. Some things take more work to forgive, but it always passes.

Another One:
I try to keep myself as open and penetrable as possible. This to me is a form of love.
Life is hard enough to come at it already protected, impenetrable from even that which could be good. I want a lot of the good stuff…so I keep myself open. Open to hurt, too, but for me it’s worth it still. It’s still working in my journey.

Another:
Decisions are not black or white all the time-good or bad. I believe there is some gray area.
Often I am weighing unpalatable choices. It’s not just black or white all of the time. Decision making in my life has proven to be very difficult at times. Frequently I have had bad alternatives no matter what my choice is and then it just comes down to which causes the least amount of hurt and pain. Belief and prayer helps to give me hope that I will make correct decisions, ones that are in alignment with good…but many times I believe I have miscalculated. Do I beat my head against the wall? No! That looks too painful! Ouch!

Third to Last:
I try hard to not judge a book by it’s cover.
The moment I decide to create judgment about anything or anyone I only know from surface, not knowing what’s in-between or underneath, I have officially lost my curiosity and humility. I have jumped onto my horse and galloped away-all while looking like an idiot and feeling like a shark. This always ultimately equals pain for me. I don’t like pain even though I know it helps me grow –yadda yadda yadda- but who likes pain? So darnit, I try really hard to stay curious and humble. Do I fail OH HECK YES I DO! Then comes the pain…then the learning…you know the drill.

Second To Last:
Stay clean and sober.
It just works for me better than the alternative.

Last (even though I could share many more):
I would love for God to smile at me someday and say, “You gave a lot of love and had respect for yourself. You never apologized for me. Nice work. Now let me show you your next assignment.”
That’s it.

No comments:

Post a Comment