Monday, September 16, 2013

The Dance With Fear

In my own experiences in life, I have been the biggest coward I know-internally-in anything that requires a change or effort. So I usually chuckle when I hear from others that I am so brave. "If they only knew how scared I really am" goes through my mind quite often. I think I just accept the dance with fear...and faith in both grace and love (God) solidifies my springboard to face anything life gives me. Vulnerability usually rides shot-gun next to bravery.

The worst response I've ever heard in the face of a passionate pursuit has been 'No'...that word is not that scary. I can dance with that word for a bit. Though one word that still makes me cringe is 'Failed'. Yet again, failure is just simply temporary if I add the effort to make the changes needed to succeed.

The fears that I've danced with in my recovery have opened my eyes time and time again;  made me more whole, aware and strong. The dance is a great teacher of ever-promised and sometimes painful change. The blessings from the tangos have never stopped and are most vivid to me inside of contentment and gratitude.

I am grateful for the fears-they keep me on my toes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment