Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Reframing The Life I Want To Live In


When I studied a bit of physiology while trying to loose weight (used to be quite large), I discovered that the way anyone builds up strong muscles is by stress. By lifting weights-and resistance- the tearing occurs and then it takes approximately two days to heal and become stronger. Look at these guns *Pow! *Pow! Get it? Muscular arms? Guns...anyway ha ha!

When I allow myself to be open and willing to experience pain, I know that my personal strength will only grow and healing will occur. I can be stronger where I once was weak. Then I can look at all I went through and say, “Wow, I persevered and learned oh so much!” There is honor in that.

I love the 4th and 5th steps of the 12 steps for this reason: the process is painful, yet gives me healing and strength in an explosive way! Maybe not right away, though it sure does happen eventually.

Working out on these steps helps me to un-pack the UNs- unloved, unworthy, unnecessary, unmotivated, unkind, unhealthy, unfaithful, undecided, unmanageable, etc. I find out how to be more honest by looking at everything I’ve avoided looking at square in the face. They were a must for me to learn how to be open enough to let go of the un-serving bologna I told myself and others. Now I could let go of the lies I told myself and whomever else for years and reframe the life I wanted to live in and feel good. We are supposedly only as sick and sad as our secrets.

I started to feel whole again. I learned quite a bit about others, too. Pretty groovy. Yep yep!

No comments:

Post a Comment