Sunday, September 8, 2013

New Chapters-Life Is A Love Story

Life is a love story.

Well, my parents moved away yesterday to fulfill their dreams of building a home in the lush, mountain landscape of Washington State. It was so bittersweet to see them off, though I cannot describe the joy I have for them. They inspire me to thrive. Thank you both, I love you to the moon and back and I am excited to see your new homestead!

After some tears, time spent with family and friends, and a nap...well, I went on an 'official' date! He was unexpected and what I know so far is he is wise, passionate about Jesus and people, very sweet, handsome, and is active in his program of recovery. Feeling baffled, yet so blessed! We went to a meeting, a rockin church service about grace, a splendid dinner and shared great conversation with a slow dance-what more could a woman ask for from a first date?

Healing from my past relationship took quite a bit of grieving and I am glad I took the time for myself. I needed time to become whole again after the long stretch of heartache I experienced. I have no regrets and I would do it all over again. Every relationship, every encounter, every experience serves a purpose and adds to our life story. Eventhough I'm not able to read every word right now, God can and my belief is that He is a jealous lover. I will continue to lean on Him and trust in that.

New chapters can be frightening, however, I feel ready to discover what they have inside! How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment