Thursday, November 21, 2013

Lacking Self-Discipline In The Workplace

I've always had a job though I've not always had self-discipline. When I realized this, I was stunned. I decided to change for the better. My new mission was to be able to be grateful for having a job and therefore grasp self-discipline to keep the job I have. Stability.

I've heard it been said that alcoholics and addicts lack self-discipline. We want what we want, how and when we want it! Instant gratification. I am no different, for it has taken me years to truly be grateful for the job I currently have. Grateful enough to show up on time, do the work that is required of me, be humble inside of management and see the gratitude out the next day to start again. This, to me, is self-discipline.

Now, can I hope for better inside of that gratitude and appreciation for what I already have? Yes, of course. Though that does not mean that I must give up what I currently have and kick up a blaze of rock and dust in order to score something better. For me, this was my old behavior and there was a strong lack of gratitude and self-discipline in this sort of action/reaction. The real challenge was facing my discontentment from within and then trusting myself-still is, honestly.

A wonderful teacher of my past taught me that I can still hold a job while trying to do better, embrace self-discipline and, therefore, keep my dignity intact. I see now there is much more honor in that. For this lesson, I am forever grateful.

Always enjoy hearing your thoughts and stories. Just click on the ButterFlySober link below to view my profile and/or send a personal email.
Thanks and have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment