Thursday, November 7, 2013

Celebrating 8 Years Today

8 years ago today I made a choice to be humbled and stay sober, one day at a time. What a journey it has been so far! 

When I was little, I had a deep love for people and possibilities. Fear set in and I didn't know how to handle life. I didn't know I was even lost, which still baffles my mind! After years of unmanageably, I was broken and finally admitted so. Then, I was blessed. I once heard a pastor from Texas say, "Those who refuse to be broken, decline the blessing!"...powerful. It reminded me that, no matter what, I need to stay humble.

In recovery, with faith in God and a new way to live, I again have a deep love for people and possibilities, miracles even! What I've learned~It was not about me, never was, never will be. Community, connection, spiritual journey and love is more like it. Thank you to all friends and family who have helped to teach me this. I especially thank my mother, Terri and Glenda (the good witch :) for helping me to create a foundation of belief in myself and showing me how to work a program.

I am oh so grateful! Have a beautiful day because you are beautiful! And thank you all for sharing your experience, strength and hope with me and helping me with ideas. So inspiring! 

3 comments:

  1. My inner validation is received only when I remember that it is from God's love and He has restored me to right thinking. You are loved. We are all perfect in His eyes. I am a humble vessel for what is the next right thing to do and my actions follow this path... we all are watching, so go, be, and the reward is JOY. You have brought me so much JOY through the years, thank you for always being there. I love you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenda?! It must be! I love you!!! In tears right now. It has been one of the toughest years ever, though I remained sober and felt so much love and light from God, family and friends. Thank you for always being there.

    ReplyDelete