Sunday, August 25, 2013

Gratitude Day

Today I moved and unpacked. Check.
Was surrounded by joyous family & friends. Check.
Ate a variety of tasty foods. Check.
Laughed so hard I cried. Check.
Meditated & prayed. Check.
Celebrated a birthday at a pool party. Check.
Wept to God because I am still grieving a loss of a relationship. Felt good so- Check.
Sang rock 'n roll loudly with friends in my convertible. Check.
Taught a young girl about having boundaries. Check.
Sang karaoke with my sponsor. Check.
Rode a motorcycle in a dress & flip flops (only for a minute-had to see how it handled). Check.
Met new people and learned how to do the 'Harlem Shake'. Check.

Now I'm about to rest in my very own bed that's been in storage for four months. Today was a gratitude day!

2 comments:

  1. Gosh I needed to read this!!! Have recently gone thru a breakup as well....and learning how to "let myself feel the feelings" the good, bad, and the ugly. It's nice to read that you CAN have such mixture of emotions in one single day, and survive it all:) Recovery is truly a ride, isn't it?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Challais! Yes, most definitely a ride! I wish you the very best in your own healing. Breakups teach oh so much!

    ReplyDelete