Thursday, August 8, 2013

Alot Happens TO Us Through The Years

Recovery to me means that I am no longer loyal to dysfunction, but am loyal to the heart of healthy functionality. I have needed tools for healing-still do-and have been given so many from others, books and through meditation with God.

Everyone, including myself, has been a victim of abuse- and abuse shakes the spirit. It is okay to heal. It is okay to cry. Every tear that falls is a manifestation of our own self-worth. Pain is tough to work through, especially at times when we feel alone.

Hope comes in when truth and connection happens...whether it's a connection from another human being or a Higher Power. I first have to admit to myself that I am in pain-this takes a lot of courage, strength even. I then express where it is rooted from usually through visualization, writing, or discussion. Then, I work on setting it free. The only solution to gain hope I have found is through another person understanding or having gone through similar experiences of the cause of my pain. 

Experience. Strength. Hope. 

A lot happens TO us over the years, however it does not have to keep us shackled. How can we fly free if our wings are still burdened with yesterday's pain?

All of us, every single one if us, has a story. We were all once children. We all bleed the same color, we all cry, we all have pain. Let's help one another. We are all worth it!

Bitterness begets bitterness, love begets love. Honestly, don't we all prefer love? Let's fuel what we want more of.

No comments:

Post a Comment