Thursday, November 14, 2013

Learning How To Let God

For a long time, I had no understanding of how to let God do anything. I am a bit further in my own spiritual journey now, though I am still learning.

If there is inspired thought or inspired action, it feels inspired. There is a bit of a romantic urgency which stirs up inside of me. I believe this is of God. Now, on the other hand, if there is a struggle or a lost sense of love inside my thoughts or actions, I do my best to pray and ask for guidance (when I remember).

My experiences and patterns have taught me how to be more consistent in my choices. Do I always stay on track? No, I do not. Though I continue on through my own consequences and face the music, however painfully loud it may be. That's just part of the beauty inside of sobriety!

We intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us and God is doing for us, what we could not do for ourselves. I have found these promises to be profoundly mystical and a welcoming part of the journey inside of learning how to let God.

No comments:

Post a Comment