Friday, October 11, 2013

Recovery Is A Process I Trust In

I am only as good as my ability to address my strengths and weaknesses. Through this concept of vulnerability, work and awareness, I am able to invest in others and be of service in the world. I cannot give something I do not have.

Recovery is a Process
-Suiting Up & Showing Up
-Being Rigorously Honest
-Admitting Complete Defeat
-Sponsorship
-Stepwork
-Giving It Away In Order To Keep It
-Therapy or Doctors, if needed
-Faith In Higher Power

If I stop trusting in the process that threw me into a new, beautiful life, I am in trouble. My recovery becomes weakened. Very often, when I have stopped trusting and doing the work, it’s because I have started trusting more in the people, places and things the process gave me.

Just as quickly as I received the precious gift of sobriety, it can be taken away if I do not reside in good works, faith and gratitude.

Life is a gift! I will do my best, just for today, to take nothing for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment