Tuesday, September 24, 2013

When I Clench Onto My History...

When I hold onto my history, clenching to it with all my might, I do it at the expense of my destiny.

Much has been revealed to me in the last two years of truly working the 10th step:
-Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitting it.

One realization is that I have the tendency to hold onto what is familiar, whether it's healthy or not. I have drudged up the past time and time again. I am guilty of flinging old feelings or insecurities about what may have happened in a past relationship at someone in a fresh, new relationship.  I have realized this by being aware, mindful and taking my own inventory.

Though the past is a good indicator of the future and I can learn from it, it's also good to have balance rather than coming from a platform of fear and expectation. That is why I feel strongly that by simply working the 10th step daily, my mind, relationships and my life benefit greatly. They are all more evenly balanced. For me, it's a self-esteem booster and keeps me open for my destiny with an un-biased heart and mind.

I have used so much energy on dwelling in my past and getting stuck there. This leaves less energy for the present (my life now). It's freeing to know that my past does not have to control my future. Though, I can be inspired and make changes in myself and choices to make my present shine. Yessssssssssss! That feels wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment